Tech 21 DI-2112
Geddy Lee has been performing without onstage amps and speakers since the Test for Echo Tour in 1996, favoring major household appliances instead. Wanting to streamline his gear for new projects, Geddy initially partnered with Tech 21 to design a Signature SansAmp, the GED-2112. This challenging collaboration involved distilling a rackload of equipment into a single rackspace. According to Geddy, “The GED-2112 is really a continuation of my long-time approach to bass tone. A ‘deep clean’ tone coupled with the ‘edgy crunch’ I get from the SansAmp RPM now all in one box.”
The GED-2112 rackmount introduced a new framework for Parallel Pre-Amping –having two separate internal pre-amps. Following this concept, the compact SansAmp YYZ pedal adapted the architectural structure to simplify blending the two signal paths. Merging the design of the rackmount and the portability of the pedal, the SansAmp DI-2112 offers yet another new format that is designed to be equally at home on a studio desk-top as well as an amp-top.
The Drive pre-amp section is based upon the versatile SansAmp RPM, for a wide range of sonic possibilities. The Deep pre-amp section offers thick, meaty tones. Saturation goes from clean in lower settings to increased harmonics and tube-like compression in higher settings. You can use either section independently or blend them externally direct to a mixing board as well as to two amplifiers.
• Dual, all-analog SansAmp circuits with individual Level controls
• Drive for gain and overdrive
• Saturation for low-end beef with separate Level control
• Blend to control the ratio of SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation and your direct instrument signal
• Sweepable semi-parametric EQ, 170 Hz to 3.0 kHz, cut/boost 12dB
• Tight switch adds definition to your notes in cleaner settings and makes distorted tones snappier